During this time of uncertainty and rapid change, PAA efforts are focused on bringing you accurate, up to date information and resources as they become available. If you have any concerns or useful information to share, please email the PAA directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us use our time effectively to keep you informed.
Member Support Plan
The recent shutdowns have dramatically affected all PAA members. To immediately help ease the burden for members we have implemented the following:
- an automatic 3 month extension of all personal memberships (incremental rollout).
- the membership requirement to hold a current First Aid certificate is suspended for renewals until it is once again possible to complete First Aid training.
- BMS have been approached with a request for support for PAA Member Insurance holders. We are waiting to hear whether they can secure relief from the insurer.
- the limit for claiming online PDPs has been removed until further notice, allowing members to accumulate additional points from online workshops.
- workshop organisers are advised that approved face to face workshops can be offered in an online format – the same number of PDPs will be awarded, provided content and length are the same.
It is impossible to predict where we will all be in a few months time. The Member Support Plan will be reviewed as new developments occur with the objective of helping members manage through COVID-19 to recovery.
Please get in touch if you have any further questions about your ongoing membership: email@example.com
Direct advice from the office of Federal Sports Minister, Hon. Richard Colbeck, informs that Pilates is considered an Indoor Sports Activity, i.e. “any activity bringing people together to exercise. This also includes yoga, dance and meditation”.
Also received early this evening from the NSW Sports Ministers Office is a link to the legislation regarding the closure of indoor recreation facilities. Within this, the Order specifically defines a ‘Health Studio’ as a type of indoor sport and recreation facility. Therefore, Pilates studios are included in the closures.
Information on Stage 1 Restrictions – information from your state or territory about restrictions on non-essential services.
Sun 22nd March 2020 – Business restrictions announced
The Australian Government has announced the following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
COVID-19 Information, Help & Support
COVID-19 Health Updates
Australian Government – Essential information, latest announcements
Australian Government Department of Health website – For the latest information about COVID-19 in Australia.
The World Health Organisation – Provides daily updates, information and guidance about the global outbreak.
Business.gov.au – Coronavirus information and support for businesses
- Beyond Blue have established a dedicated COVID-19 online forum for people to share their concerns and connect online to support one another.
- ReachOut have online youth forums and online parents forums for COVID-19 offering peer support in safe and established online communities.
- SANE have an active online forum focused on unpacking fact from fiction about COVID-19 and providing self-care strategies.
Resources for teaching online
Many studios and teachers are beginning to set up online sessions and classes for their clients, as social distancing and government restrictions impact business. This may be a steep learning curve for some teachers so the page linked below has useful resources to help you set up.