Preparing for Easing of Restrictions and Return to Work
Australia’s federal, state and territory governments are gradually easing restrictions around public gatherings, how businesses can operate, and regional travel. The pages linked below summarise our understanding of current government responses and do not replace the government’s formally issued advice.
When considering which restrictions are applicable to you, note that local State/Territory regulations take precedence over Commonwealth instructions.
**Please note that the Australian government responses to Covid-19 are changing regularly and remain the authoritative source for what is and isn’t permitted.
State & Territory Specific information
- ACT – updated 27 June 2022
- New South Wales – updated 27 June 2022
- Queensland – updated 27 Junel 2022
- Northern Territory – updated 27 June 2022
- South Australia – updated 23 April 2022
- Victoria – updated 27 June 2022
- Western Australia – updated 04 May 2022
- Tasmania – updated 04 May 2022
The following information may also help you prepare for the easing of workplace restrictions:
COVID-19 Information, Help & Support
COVID-19 Health Updates
Australian Government – Essential information, latest announcements
Australian Government Department of Health website – For the latest information about COVID-19 in Australia.
The World Health Organisation – Provides daily updates, information and guidance about the global outbreak.
14 July 2021: Increased COVID-19 disaster payments and business supports announced by Scott Morrison.
Australian Government – Support for Business – including Companies, Sole Traders and Employers (JobKeepers Allowance, JobSeekers Allowance, etc.)
Australian Tax Office – Information about ATO measures and tailored support during COVID-19
Treasury – Economic Response to the Coronavirus
Fairwork Australia – Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
Business.gov.au – Coronavirus information and support for businesses
Australian Competition & Consumer Commission – Understanding Small Business rights and obligations under Australian Consumer Law during COVID-19.
KPMG – A list of government grants available to assist private, mid-market and family businesses affected by the impacts of COVID-19 (document at bottom of their webpage).
Beyond Blue NewAccess for Small Business Owners is a free and confidential mental health coaching program, developed by Beyond Blue to give small business owners, including sole traders the support they need.
- Beyond Blue have established a dedicated COVID-19 online forum for people to share their concerns and connect online to support one another.
- ReachOut have online youth forums and online parents forums for COVID-19 offering peer support in safe and established online communities.
- SANE have an active online forum focused on unpacking fact from fiction about COVID-19 and providing self-care strategies.
Resources for teaching online
Many studios and teachers are beginning to set up online sessions and classes for their clients, as social distancing and government restrictions impact business. This may be a steep learning curve for some teachers so the page linked below has useful resources to help you set up.