Upgrade Process for Associate Student Members
Associate Student members who have successfully completed and provide evidence of Diploma certification from a PAA recognised training organisation or equivalent may immediately upgrade to Graduate Level 1.
Submit your online upgrade application with the following documentation:
- PAA recognised Diploma certification
- Provide First Aid Certificate
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- in your PAA membership name
- specifically covering Pilates
- min. cover $2,000,000 for Professional Indemnity
Graduate Level 1 membership is available only in the first year after graduation, for a period of 1 year. Upon expiry members automatically upgrade to Full Membership Level 1.
Upgrade Process for Mat Members
Mat members who have successfully completed and provide evidence of Diploma certification from a PAA recognised training organisation or equivalent may upgrade their membership to Level 1.
Submit your online upgrade application with the following:
- A current Mat membership including evidence of valid First Aid, Insurance, and required PDPs
- A PAA recognised Diploma certification.
Upgrade Process for Full members
Full members and new experienced members can apply to upgrade their membership above level 1 by submitting an online upgrade application together with prerequisite supporting documentation:
- A current full membership including evidence of valid First Aid, Insurance, and required PDPs
- A PAA recognised comprehensive (full/studio) certification.
- Two signed references from Pilates industry peers.
- Evidence of teaching hours submitted either in a letter from an employer or a Statutory declaration.
Teaching hours are defined as actual Pilates contact hours spent instructing clients in either group classes or private sessions. They are to be documented as an average of actual hours taught, up to a maximum of 30 hours per week, for a maximum of 48 weeks per year, and a maximum of 1440 hours per year.
The table below displays an example of how teaching hours should be submitted in support of a membership upgrade.
|Studio / Employer||Year||Avg hrs p/wk||x no. of wks||Total hrs|
|Bell Pilates||2010||20||16 (Jul-Oct)||320|
|Power Pilates||2011||25||43 (Feb-Oct)||1075|
|Power Pilates||2012||28||43 (Feb-Nov)||1288|
|Central Pilates||2013||30||25 (Feb-Jul)||750|
Upgrades to Trainer Level membership require completion and documentation of a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment in addition to documented experience hours.
Full members (Level 1 and above) applying for an upgrade in their membership level need to upload all necessary supporting evidence to their online member file 10 days prior to the next committee meeting.