Studio Registration — $97.00 (incl. GST) per year
Studio registration is open to all Pilates studios where at least one instructor is a Full Member of the PAA at Level 2 or above.
The majority of instructors at the studio must be members of the PAA and it is recommended that the lead instructor at a studio is a Full Member at Level 2 or above.
The studio must comply with the constitution of the PAA and any rules, codes and guidelines it establishes, including but not limited to staff to client ratios, levels of supervision and ongoing professional education.
Guidelines for Studio Registration:
Studios holding registration with the PAA must abide by the following:
- Adhere to all PAA codes of practice and ethics.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations that exist for PAA studio registration.
- The owner/operator or lead instructor of the studio must be a current level two or above member of PAA.
- All staff instructing in a registered studio must abide by the rules and regulations of PAA studio registration and the majority must be current members of the PAA.
- All staff must adhere to the same rules and regulations that apply to individual membership with the PAA.
- Abide by the recommended client to practitioner ratio as recommended by the PAA.
- Have an existing policy and procedure manual that includes all occupational health and safety regulations specific to that organisatio and State or Territory.
- Have in place, current public liability and professional indemnity insurances that cover the workplace, instructors, administration staff, clients, visitors and where applicable, PAA recognised educational body Pilates student instructors.
- Comply with all state and territory regulations for running a business.
- Abide by all Workcover and Workers Compensation regulations specific to that State or Territory.
- Maintain appropriate protocols for assessment of clients, record keeping, progress reports and communications between relevant treating practitioners. Such records must remain ton site, or be accessible to that site for a period of 7 years.
- Have the recommended apparatus held within that studio. At least one of each: cadillac (trapeze table); reformer; wunda chair (multi chair) and barrels.
- Have access for wheelchair or restricted gait clients.
- Have accessible and maintained toilet facilities.
- Have drinking water available.
- Maintain a clean, well lit and well ventilated studio space.
Registered studios will receive the benefits of Full members plus:
- Website exposure via studio/instructor search menu
- PAA studio member certificate
- Studio name for new registered studios will appear in the PAA monthly newsletter
- 1 free full page email Ad blast per year to members valued at $195
- 50% discount on 1 full page email Ad blast per year to members promoting a PAA approved workshop valued at $97.50
To register your studio please complete an online application.