About The Pilates Alliance Australasia
The PAA believes in an open approach to regulation and strives to ensure protection of the general public, industry employees and studios, whilst continuing to foster the original intentions of the Pilates Method.
To advance the interests of the Pilates industry, and promote the discipline to the general public and other allied health professionals.
- to promote understanding and regulation of quality instruction within studios and Pilates training programs
- to encourage relevant knowledge, skills and application for clients or students of the Pilates Method
- to create an industry based on competency and the flow of legitimate, informed and non-biased information
- to set professional standards and maintain the integrity of Pilates Method instruction, education and information
- to maintain industry authenticity through certification programs that trace directly back to Joseph Pilates’ instruction, whilst also acknowledging modern scientific understanding of body movement
- to support and inform the general public in the safe and inspiring implementation of the Pilates Method
- to be a proactive body within Australian allied health industries
- to promote professional Pilates practitioners, their education and contribution to the Australian health and wellbeing industry
- to progress the profession of Pilates, its workplace standards and career paths.
Ethical Marketing of Services
The PAA gives an undertaking that agents used in the promotion and distribution of its services or information will be selected for their integrity, honesty and reliability.
Member Grievance Procedures
The PAA ensures compliance with the relevant Commonwealth, State, and Territory legislation, and regulatory requirements outlined in the Associations Incorporation Act of 2009.
- All elected members of the committee, the public officer and all sub-committees undertake their positions voluntarily. All committee members are required to maintain their industry expertise and full membership of the PAA according to the criteria and guidelines set down by the PAA.
- PAA administration staff are employed under the terms and conditions outlined in the relevant administrative award. All employees and voluntary workers for the PAA are selected according to statutory protocols and obligations.