Effective Date: 23/06/2021
The Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) appreciates the importance of protecting your personal data and recognises the trust placed in us when you supply your personal data to us. We will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
‘Personal Data’ is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. This includes information provided by phone, email or through our social media accounts.
Collection and use of personal data
The type of personal data that the PAA collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example, we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join the PAA as a member
- register for continuing professional development activities
- subscribe to a newsletter or magazine, and/or
- register for an event.
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where
- you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time,
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party,
- we are required by law,
- processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
If you choose not to provide the personal data requested, the PAA may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your ticket registration and/or sponsorship payment.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases of delegate passes and Virtual Event participation, either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Location information
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Collection and use of non-personal data
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud, market research and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Disclosure of Information
The PAA may disclose your personal information to third party organisations, which may include:
- external service providers to whom PAA has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service the PAA has contracted out,
- member benefits + partners,
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law,
- PAA’s professional advisers, and
- other professional bodies.
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law, or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
The PAA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
All PAA members can access and update their contact details and member profile via the ‘update your profile’ section of the website.
For data outside that is outside your ability to update we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal details.
Links to third party sites and services
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. The PAA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Service.
The PAA will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- PAA personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
- We cannot, however, guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
Selling or renting your Personal Data
We will never sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
How long we store your Personal Data
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with access to our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
You may have the right to
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
- request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
- prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
- click on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive from us.
To exercise any of these rights or if an individual has a complaint about a breach of their privacy, please address issues to the Member Relations Officer at: email@example.com. The PAA will respond to your request within 7 days.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and the protection of your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at: www.privacy.gov.au