Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics applies to all Members of the PAA and informs application of the Code of Practice. Members of the PAA must strictly adhere to the Code of Ethics and the Code of Practice.
As a PAA Member, I understand and agree to apply the PAA Code of Practice in compliance with the following Code of Ethics.
- Ensure I hold relevant qualifications and maintain the currency of these qualifications through current industry membership requirements as determined by the PAA.
- Ensure that I work within the scope of practice applicable to my qualifications.
- Work with integrity, respect, fairness, responsibility and professionalism at all times.
- Comply with relevant Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation, including but not limited to privacy, occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination, equal opportunity, child protection, trade practices, taxation and public health.
- Comply with the Ten National Employment Standards and any relevant awards, and the terms and conditions of work as recommended by the PAA.
- Market my services and products ethically and in a clear and factual manner. I will not provide false or misleading information in any promotional and marketing materials or programs. I will not draw false or misleading comparisons with any other organisations and I will not engage or participate in anti-competitive behaviour.
- Maintain high standards of financial record keeping and staff procedures, and policies for the correct handling of all financial transactions with clients and staff.
I understand and agree to apply these ethics to my work practice in accordance with the PAA Code of Practice.