Easing of Restrictions for the Northern Territory
The information on this page relates to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions for the Northern Territory. It will continue to be updated as new information becomes available.
Last updated: 9 June 2020
Current Restrictions for the Northern Territory
From noon on 15 May 2020, the following businesses, services and activities can reopen:
- participate in organised outdoor training activities for sporting clubs and teams
- operate or attend a studio that provides yoga, Pilates, Zumba, barre, dance classes
- operate or attend physical training activities indoors such as CrossFit and
- operate and attend a gymnasium.
Activities included in step two must be undertaken in less than two hours.
CHO Directions and mandatory requirements
The business must comply with the requirements specified in the Directions.
Under the Directions, a business must:
- complete and submit to the Department of Health a COVID-19 safety plan checklist before reopening and
- place markings on the floor of its premises where participants may queue (for example, at the entrance, bathrooms or service counter) before reopening and
- provide hand sanitiser to participants unless handwashing facilities are available.
The CHO’s directions are laws and it is an offence to contravene a direction of the CHO.
It is important that you keep informed about the Directions of the CHO and any requirements or restrictions which relate to your type of business.