Is there any restriction on overseas Pilates instructors working in Australia?

To be legally allowed to work in Australia, all overseas visitors and immigrants must hold an appropriate work visa, regardless of their qualifications. Check the following government websites for further details:

Once you have your visa, Pilates is not a regulated industry in Australia so you are not required by law to be registered or licensed with a professional organisation in order to instruct. However, many instructors find that joining the PAA gives them credibility and shows their commitment to the Pilates profession in Australia. It is also a useful source of support and advice for members.

You will also, in most cases, be expected to hold a comprehensive First Aid qualification, (i.e. Provide First Aid HTLAID003) and have Professional Indemnity and Personal Liability insurance cover.