Mindset for Health; Tales of Extraordinary People is a series of podcasts hosted by Charlotte de Courcey Bayley about “the power of a human decision and the incredible ability of the Mind to guide you on your journey through life, equipped with the skills to tackle adversity”. They tell “Real Stories with a little bit of Science as we talk with extraordinary people who have overcome life setbacks”.
Recently, PAA Vice President Chris Lavelle joined Charlotte to share her own journey from pain to empowerment and freedom. Classified as a 2nd generation Pilates Instructor, having completed her training with Pilates Elder, Romana Kryzanowska, Chris taught alongside Romana in her training centre in New York during 1998/1999.
In the podcast you will hear:
- How chasing our passion liberates us
- Valuable lessons Chris shares from Romana Kryzanowska, a student of Joseph Pilates
- What is Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation and why Chris added this powerful technique to her Pilates approach
- Why Pilates is not just a method of exercise but actually a way of being
- Ways to tune into your own innate movement patterns and listen to your body
- How to make powerful decisions and rediscover yourself through movement
Listen to the Mindset for Health podcast featuring Chris: